This dish is one of the first dishes I had to master while in Italy. Really, if you can’t get this right for a table full of Italians, you are doomed!
http://www.dalelast.com.au/piskodrele/firyue/4488 Of course, you could use any style of pasta you choose but the long thin and ribbon pasta such as linguine, angel hair or spaghetti are perfect. When using Pasta Nostra fresh pasta the cooking time to create this dish is only about 4 minutes!
Aglio Olio – serves 4
1 lb Pasta Nostra spaghetti
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 4 fl oz (100 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 hot chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti until al dente, according to the instructions.
- Meanwhile, over a low to medium heat, in a large, deep frying pan add the oil.
- When the oil has warmed, add the crushed garlic, salt and chili peppers.
- Continue to cook over a low heat, stirring often until the garlic begins to brown, then turn off the heat.
- Drain the spaghetti and add it to the oil and garlic in the frying pan.
- Toss until well combined.
- Serve hot with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.