http://ajm-web-designs.co.uk/ rencontre khab American pancakes with pistachio:The pistachio milk in this recipe helps to create a wonderfully, creamy texture to your American pancakes with pistachio, as well as giving them a light green colour. While in Italy we found that it was very easy to obtain nut milks such as pistachio and almond.
go to site Making American pancakes this way is perfect for your lactose intolerant family members, friends and guests.
Ingredients: Makes 8 – 10
- 250 grams (1 cup / 8 oz) all purpose flour
- 1 level tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125 ml pistachio milk (more or less if necessary)
- Combine the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a jug, lightly beat the egg with the oil and add this to the flour mixture.
- Begin to add the milk a little at a time until you have a batter that falls really slowly from the spoon
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter in the centre of the pan at a time and allow it to spread
- When the pancake begins to bubble and form little holes on the top (less than 1 minute usually), turn it over
- The pancake will rise then allow it to cook for just under 1 minute or until you can remove it easily and it’s golden brown underneath
- Remove it from the pan and cover it lightly with some kitchen paper while you continue to cook the other pancakes one at a time
- Serve hot.