We are not sure where this recipe for Amish macaroni salad came from or why it is referred to as Amish. All we need to know that is that combination of ingredients is superb and a perfect addition to your buffet or picnic table.
We of course, recommend that you use our fresh pasta when using it for this Amish macaroni salad because the flavour of the pasta is enhanced when chilled.
Ingredients for amish macaroni salad – Serves 8 – 10
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Cook and drain macaroni and run it under cold water to stop it cooking, then drain again, thoroughly.
- Add eggs, celery, and onion.
- Mix salad dressing: mustard, vinegar, and sugar thoroughly, then add to macaroni mixture.
- Served chilled and its even better if made the night before!