Frozen bread dough!! Make sure you have some of that stored away in the freezer and you can whip up this bacon bread before everyone has a chance to say “something smells nice”. No one is going to want to miss a slice of this as part of their family breakfast.
Alternatively, you could prepare your bacon bread for brunch or toast it to make a sandwich, serve it on the side or as part of a party buffet. Delizioso!!
Ingredients: serves 4 – 6
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels.
- Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.