We love hummus here at The Big Dream Factory and make it so often that we love to mess around and experiment with ingredients as we continually test our recipes.
Some of our recipes have been making to the stores. However, this one for hummus with pesto alla Genovese, we thought you would enjoy having a go at yourselves since it is so easy!
We recommend that you make more than you think you need – it’s addictive and perfect for any party of hungry people.
Basil Pesto Hummus – serves 6
- 1 800g (28oz) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained – set aside the liquid
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pasta Nostra USA Pesto alla Genovese
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 2-3 medium sized cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Put all ingredients into your food processor.
- Process on high speed for 5 minutes until hummus is extra-smooth.
- Add a little bit of the drained chickpea water if it is too thick.
- Serve and drizzle with olive oil.