conocer chicas lindas en lima Caesar Salad: A real Caesar salad dressing made from scratch is the best way to enjoy a Caesar salad but did you know that it was invented by an Italian! Yes, the Caesar salad is named after Caesar Cardini, an Italian chef who immigrated to America after World War I. His family operated a restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico and according to Caesar’s daughter, on July the 4th, 1924, the restaurant had an unexpected rush of customers. Not wishing to turn anyone away and running short on supplies, Caesar invented the salad and dressing from ingredients he had in his kitchen.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 1 – 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 cups (500 ml) croutons
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon (25 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(2 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoon (50 ml) mayonnaise
- In bowl, whisk together oil, cheese, vinegar, mustard, anchovy paste, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk in mayonnaise until smooth.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in large bowl.
- Add dressing, croutons and cheese then gently toss to combine.
- Bring it all together:
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss very gently.
- Serve immediately.