Cheese and ham eggplant rolls: It won’t be long now until those eggplant start overwhelming us at The Farm at Rockledge Garden’s so we thought it prudent to prepare.
This little recipe for eggplant rolls makes the perfect finger food, antipasto or snack. They take no time to put together especially when you get the kids to help out. You’ll have a plateful in no time at all. Of course you can make them look as perfect and fancy as you like for more special occasions. This will require a little extra patience but your diners will be very grateful.
Ingredients for serving 2 – 4:
- 2 large eggplants
- 7 ounces (200 grams) Cooked, sliced ham – enough for each slice of eggplant
- Grated Parmesan, mozzarella or Edam
- Slice the eggplant along the length about 1/4 inch thick or less then grill them well on both sides.
- Allow them to cool until you are able to handle them then layer onto each slice of eggplant some ham and cheese.
- Roll the eggplant and secure it with 2 toothpicks.
- Arrange the rolls onto a baking pan covered with some parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven at 200 °.
- Place the eggplant rolls in the centre of the oven for 5 – 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to lightly brown. Too long in the oven and there will be a mess, so keep a close eye on it all.
- Serve hot.