Our recipe for a cheese and rosemary savory biscotti, uses both the flowers and the needles of the rosemary. And why not!
Once you have mastered this quick and easy method of making savory biscotti, feel free to create your own combinations of flavors.
Cheese and rosemary savory biscotti are perfect for dunking in soups and stews. They are also handy for scooping up a great dip or soft cheese such as gorgonzola. A great snack with a long shelf life is always handy to have tucked away in the pantry. Welcome to our savory biscotti.
Ingredients for 6 – 10, depending on the size you make them
- 120 gram Tipo 00 flour
- 80 gram salted butter
- 80 gram Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Knead the cold butter quickly into cubes, with all the other ingredients.
- Roll the dough onto a sheet of baking paper to form a cylinder of 3 – 4 cm in diameter.
- Allow the dough to cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the cylinder into discs of about 1 cm thick, arrange them on the baking sheet. Prick each one lightly with a fork and bake at 180° C for about 15 minutes.
- If you prefer you can, after the rest time, roll out the dough and cut with cookie cutters. However, prefer to give our savory biscotti a “rustic” look.
- Let cool and serve garnished with sprigs of rosemary