Colorful fresh fruit salad: While on the beautiful island of Ponza, Italy, every morning for our guests started with a freshly prepared breakfast. And we do mean FRESH! Freshly baked muffins, American pancakes … yes, we did spoil them a little.So when the blackberries came into season, we added them to a bowl of fresh fruit and the bowl was empty every single morning. We think that the trick to an empty fruit bowl is to dice the fruit into manageable pieces which look so pretty.
The addition of the vitamin C in the fruit juice actually helps avoid your fruit, like apples, browning.
Ingredients for fresh fruit salad – for 4
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 apricots, diced
- 3 tablespoons blackberry
- 2 kiwi fruit, orange peel and cut into cubes
- 250 ml red orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a deep dish, pour the orange juice and honey and stir to mix.
- Prepare all the fruit and add the orange juice.
- Discard the fruit juice because vitamin C in the juice stops the fruit from browning.
- Leave the fruit for about 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.