follow conocer chicos pamplona Creamed mashed potatoes with fresh parsley: Mashed potatoes are a very British tradition and are considered ‘comfort food’. Mashed potatoes are extremely versatile and in their simplest form, are always made with butter and cream or milk or as with our creamy mashed potatoes, with English parsley. Oh, and by the way, the English parsley is the tight, curly parsley as opposed to the flat leaf Italian kind. It has a distinctly different flavour which also goes very well with white fish.
bd swiss it You can serve our creamy mashed potatoes with parsley, with a traditional Sunday lunch alongside roast meat in gravy and other vegetables. However, mashed potatoes are so popular that they are also served with other traditional British dishes such as cottage pie, shepherd’s pie, colcannon and we can’t forget ‘bangers and mash!’
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup of milk or cream
- 1 good handful of fresh English parsley, finely chopped
- Peel and cut the potatoes into like sized pieces.
- Place the potatoes and salt into a large saucepan with enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 18 – 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and keep them in the saucepan.
- Let them stand for 5 minutes to release steam.
- Add the butter and parsley then mash the potatoes by hand.
- Add the milk (or cream) a little at a time and continue mashing until the potatoes are creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately.