binäre optionen trader test Here’s hoping to make you Holiday meals a little easier with these easy-peasie-lemon-squeezie, Italian style roasted potatoes with rosemary. We enjoy sharing our love of pasta and also our love of other Italian fare. So we’re happy to confess a love of Italian style roasted potatoes which are a terribly addictive.
watch There will be no need to boil the living daylights out of a your potatoes, no extra steam in the kitchen and no wondering whether or not they will come out crisp and golden, stuck to the pan or a hybrid potato dish which we’ll call ‘mashed potatoes with a hint of roasting’. Set aside all anxiety and doubt as we share with you the easiest way to prepare perfect roasted potatoes every time.
click We particularly enjoy the Italian-style roasted potatoes with rosemary, brought to golden brown with the aid of some great olive oil. It really doesn’t matter what type of potato you use. It only matters what size you cut them to and how long it takes them to cook. For our purposes, we’re going to use the standard baked potato-sized potato.
Italian style Roasted Potatoes With Rosemary – serves 2 – 4
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into the size of golf balls (allow up to 1 1/2 potatoes for each person)
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- As you peel the potatoes and dice them, place them into some lightly salted, cold water.
- Take a large baking dish and add 2 cups of water – just enough to cover the base of the pan. Now take the potatoes and spread them out evenly in the dish, sprinkle with salt, add the sprig of rosemary and garlic, cover the dish tightly with aluminium foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes. If you like your roast potatoes smaller, cook for only 30 minutes. If larger, cook for 1 hour.
- After the time is up, remove the foil and carefully drain off all of the excess water and leave them stand for 2 – 3 minutes as the excess steam is gone.
- Now remove the rosemary leaves from the stalk and distribute them all over the potatoes. Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and try to ensure that all of them get covered.
- Now turn the oven up to 385F and place the potatoes back into the oven for 15 minutes where they will start to brown. Remove them from the oven and spoon the oil over them again turning the potatoes to help them brown all over.
- Place them back into the oven for a further 15 minutes after which time they will become crispy and golden. You can continue to cook them until they have reached your preferred color -how easy was that!