enter site This leek and rosemary risotto is a very quick version of risotto. It is normal to be standing over a risotto for up to 30 minutes as you carefully deal with each stage of its creation.
http://www.tangotec.com/?sitere=broker-trading-online&0b7=53 The whole idea with making a risotto is for the rice to absorb all of the flavors that you add to the pan. For this reason, seasoning of a risotto during cooking is crucial to the outcome. Take your time, experiment and give this simple recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed.
ingredients for leek and rosemary risotto – serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced leeks
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/3rd cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, lightly bruised with the back of a knife
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Make sure the leeks are clean of any dirt.
- Slice in half laterally, then into thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the leek and rice and saute for about 5 minutes; add the wine and stir until evaporated by at least 1/3rd.
- Add all of the broth, cover and bring to a low simmer then lower the heat and cook for 10 – 15 minutes. Check and stir from time to time to avoid the rice sticking to the pan.
- Turn off the heat, remove the lid and stir in the cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste. If the risotto seems to dry, simply add a bit more broth.