Since moving to Florida from the UK, being surrounded by a lot of citrus fruit gave us a few ideas for finger food. And so it was that our lime dip with cream cheese was born.
The lime zest and juice in this dip is really what makes it very special. Apart from being able to set it to the side of shrimp and all manner of prepared crudite, it’s quick and very easy to put together.
Lime dip with cream cheese – serves 4 – 6
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz good quality mayonnaise
- 2 oz sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- lime juice and zest of 2 – 3 lime (reserve some zest for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Cut 2 slices from the lime and set aside for garnish.
- Remove the zest from the remaining lime with a fine grater, then extract the juice.
- Add this to the cream cheese mayonnaise mix.
- Place into a serving dish, sprinkle with the remaining lime zest and serve