Palmiers are often sweet although this same technique can be used for making a savoury version which we guarantee will be a hit at your next buffet!
- 1 – Puff pastry sheet
- 4 teaspoons sugar (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- Thaw the pastry sheet for 30 minutes before you start using. Then unfold and roll with flour if there is any cracks in the sheet.
- Mix Sugar and Cinnamon powder in a small bowl. Spread the Sugar-Cinnamon mix over the sheet, press the mix to the sheet using rolling pin.
- Turn the sheet and again spread and press the Sugar-Cinnamon mix. Then start folding.
- Fold the two long opposite sides till they meet at the center. Again fold the sides till they meet at the middle, then fold one half over the other.
- Place this folded pastry sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then take out the chilled sheet and cut them into slices of uniform size.
- Then place these slices on the baking pan and drizzle some honey on top of the slices.
- Make sure that there is enough space between slices since it tends to puff up.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or till golden brown.
- Then take out the pan, turn the cookies and again bake for 5 minutes.
- Then remove from oven and serve.