sites de rencontre norvegien here Soft focaccia bread: Focaccia bread is remarkably easy to make. There are a few different recipes for focaccia out there. Our focaccia recipe is for what is referred to as ‘soft’ focaccia rather than the type that resembles a naked, thin crust pizza. Soft focaccia is often topped with different herbs, most traditionally, rosemary. You can top yours with whatever takes your fancy!
site de rencontre marocain en france Both types of focaccia bread have their place at the table and the thinner version of focaccia is often served up as a side dish or appetiser.
Ingredients for the dough
- 500 grams Tipo 00 flour (you can use Swan Down cake flour as an alternative)
- 1 level teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 300 ml of warm, tepid water (not hot)
- 8 grams dried, active yeast
- 20 mls extra virgin olive oil
ingredients for the preparation
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 level teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 level tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, bruised and finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, fine sea salt and yeast then mix well to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the flour then slowly add the water until you have formed a soft workable dough that leaves the sides of the mixing bowl clean and is only a little sticky. Dip your fingertips in some extra olive oil to help work the dough.
- Leave the dough in the mixing bowl and cover with a tea towel or soft napkin. Place it in a warm area for 1 hour or more for it to rise and double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, pour it out onto a clean and lightly oiled work surface. Then, work the dough very gently for just a few moments using just the tips of your fingers.
- Pour the 40 mls of olive oil into a 9 inch diameter baking pan at least 2 inches deep, add the dough and cover then allow it to rise for a further 20 minutes, somewhere warm.
- Gently turn the dough over and press indents evenly all over the dough then leave it to rise again for a further 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt and fresh rosemary then place in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 180C/360F, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the baking dish cut in slices and enjoy.