Steaming salmon with fresh herbs: One of the delights of living and eating in Italy is that the Italians always take an opportunity to forage for their own food. So it should have come as no surprise to receive a whole, fresh salmon from Enzo’s cousin, Antonio.
The first thing we did when we got home was to take a sharp knife to the salmon before we could even think about steaming salmon with fresh herbs.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 salmon steaks
- fresh herbs: parsley, oregano, chives, thyme
- salt and pepper
- Paradise extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice from Paradise
- Preheat oven to 195C / 385F.
- Prepare 4 squares of foil and place a salmon steak on each one.
- Brush each steak with olive oil, add salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
- Loosely wrap and place on a baking tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve unwrapped.
We served ours with a boiled egg and mixed salad drizzled in Paradise extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice with a dusting of salt and pepper.