Sun dried tomato pici with cream cheese: Sometimes you just want to throw a meal together in minutes and who knew that was possible with pasta.
Tuscana Pici (pronounced ‘peachy’), is a long, thick pasta traditionally handmade, meaning that the dough is rolled out and each strand of pici is cut by hand and rolled into shape. Here at The Big Dream Factory we extrude our pici and add different flavours. In this case, sun dried tomato:
Pici are also referred to as ‘pinci’ and originate from the beautiful Tuscan town of Siena where it is normally served with a robust, meaty or chunky vegetable sauce. You would expect to see more sauce than pasta when you serve this dish.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 8 oz (250 grams) The Big Dream Factory Sun dried tomato Pici
- 4 oz (125 grams) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian or English parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rapid boil and cook the pici for a few minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and in the same pot add the oil, salt and cream cheese.
- Stir to combine and serve topped with the fresh parsley.