Our recipe for Three-cheese sauce is about as easy as it gets. It does involve using our own Pasta Nostra USA creamy herb sauce which adds it’s own dimension. However, you could opt to use your own favorite white sauce or create a béchamel sauce from scratch.
Once you have created your sauce, there are endless ways to use it and here are just a few off the top of our heads: over pasta, baked with veggies like cauliflower or broccoli, as the base for a soup, add mixed veggies like mushrooms, spinach or artichoke then use as a dip, pour over seafood, baked potatoes. You can even cool it, add some extra virgin olive oil and use as a salad dressing.
However you choose to use your Three-cheese sauce, we are sure that you will enjoy taking these easy techniques and creating marvelous dishes that you can call your own.
- 2 cups of Pasta Nostra USA creamy herb and white wine sauce or Béchamel sauce (see our recipe for quick Béchamel or white sauce)
- ¾ cup of grated Cheddar
- ½ cup of grated Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp of dry mustard powder
- 1/3 tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of white pepper
- ¼ tsp of grated nutmeg
- Heat up the two cups of white sauce in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add each of the spices and seasonings whilst stirring continuously.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, followed by the Gruyere and then the Cheddar.
- Stir well and check that the cheeses have melted and blended into the sauce.
- Check the taste and add any extra seasoning if necessary.
- Serve as you wish.