http://gatehousegallery.co.uk/?myka=opzioni-binarie-dritte&326=59 source url Traditional Italian lentil soup: There are many versions of the recipe for Traditional Italian lentil soup. Often the main difference lies in the different herbs used. However, it’s the addition of cherry tomatoes that really lifts the flavour of this particular lentil soup.
source link Lentil soup is definitely one of the favorite meals for cold winter days in Italy and is a great dish for the Americans because they can dust off that slow cooker and allow the slow cooking time to bring together all the flavors. This soup cooks perfectly in a slow cooker and if it there is any soup left after serving, you can certainly freeze it it too.
source We have to add that the best lentil soup we have enjoyed so far, was made by Chef Gina of Restaurant Il Ginepro, Hotel Capracotta, in Molise, Italy. Can’t wait to get more of that!
Ingredients for 4 – 6 servings:
- 300 grams dried lentils
- 200 grams potatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock (and extra water – see instructions below)
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes, quartered and deseeded
- two garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- a good palmful of fresh herbs: for example, basil, rosemary, parsley
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and garlic and continue cooking for 5 minutes stirring to coat the potatoes in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the lentils.
- Add water, increasing the amount as necessary to cover all ingredients then check the seasoning again.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat then add the tomatoes.
- Continue cooking for 35 – 45 minutes and stir occasionally until the lentils are tender.
- Add the fresh herbs and continue to cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Garnish with more fresh herbs and serve.