Tri color pasta salad with crab: Summer is will be here before you know it so perhaps it’s time to get a few pasta salad recipes lined up. After all, who wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day long trying to come up with something exciting for a picnic, lunch, brunch or dinner while everyone else is taking in some rays!
We make what we consider to be the best fresh, tri color pasta in the world and during the summer time, our most popular is conchigliette meaning ‘little shells’. We make our pasta dough using natural flavors such as spinach, sun dried tomato, garlic, kale, artichoke, beetroot and a whole host of other amazing flavors that help us to create amazing colored pasta.
This is a very simple and very tasty salad that can be thrown together very quickly.
Ingredients: serves 4 – 6
- 1 lb (500 grams) The Big Dream Factory tri color conchigliette pasta or pasta of your choice
- 8 ounces (225 grams) lump crab meat (white meat)
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (118 mls) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (118 mls) Thousand Island dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium lettuce, shredded
- Prepare your pasta according to the instruction on the packaging, drain and rinse in cool water to stop it cooking further. Leave to drain.
- Combine the mayonnaise and the Thousand Island dressing and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the cooled pasta, green pepper, onions and salad dressing mix then taste before seasoning further with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the lettuce and crab meat before serving.