Tzatziki penne salad:
Fusion cuisine is all about bringing ingredients and cultures together.
Tzatziki penne salad is the perfect combination of Italy and Greece. The yogurt in this recipe, along with the fresh dill, and Feta cheese, creates a really light flavour. Yogurt also makes a wonderful addition to a hot pasta dish too.
Ingredients – serves up to 12 for a buffet
- 1 (16-oz.) container low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (16-oz.) package penne pasta (or gluten free penne)
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 (9.9-oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds or until thoroughly blended. Transfer to a bowl, and cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place cooled pasta in a large bowl. Stir in olives and next 3 ingredients until well blended.
- Add yogurt mixture, and stir just until well coated. Gently stir in feta cheese.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.