Potato salad with Pantelleria capers: This recipe for potato salad with Pantelleria capers is one of those you want to keep up your sleeve. It’s perfect for a picnic and for when you have to take a dish to pot luck party! People will be all over you for this recipe, so be sure to make extra.
Our Pantelleria capers are not brined, oiled or vinegared. They are preserved in sea salt and have a distinctive and surprising floral aroma which works really well with the honey in this recipe for potato salad. And there’s more! Without the mayonnaise, this potato salad is low in fat and high in goodness!!
Potato salad with pantelleria capers: 4 – 6.
- 680 grams (1 1/2 pounds) new potatoes, cleaned, unpeeled and diced to 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) red onions, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed and thoroughly drained
- 60 mls (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60 mls (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- Salt and pepper (if necessary)
- Start the potatoes off in a pan of cool, lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer until they are just tender – about 10 minutes. Drain and add back to the warm pan.
- Add the onions and celery to the potatoes and gently mix to combine.
- Prepare the dressing by simply mixing the capers, oil, mustard, honey and only season with salt and pepper if you feel it necessary.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mix while the potatoes are still warm.
- Serve warm or cold.