We know from experience, that you love our artichoke pâté bruschetta! This is because we often sample goodies at the farmers market and the most popular is always a bruschetta.
Bruschetta, thankfully, is very simple to put together. Basically, all you need is some toasted bread, a spread of sorts and extra toppings. For example, the traditional Italian bruschetta is garlic toast topped with fresh tomato and basil pesto. However, as you can see from our small collection of bruschetta, they can be whatever you want them to be. There are only a few rules:
- The bread should be toasted, warm and liberally drizzled in good quality extra virgin olive oil (some of the best bruschetta that we have experienced, are practically dripping in olive oil!).
Because you love bruschetta so much, we have created an artichoke pâté which is available at the farmer’s market. You can also order it directly from us at Pasta Nostra USA.
Let’s get back to our artichoke pâté bruschetta. We have not put amounts for the ingredients, this will depend on how many you make and how much you want pile on top of your toast.
You don’t need a grill (broiler) or even a toaster, you can toast your bread in a dry, clean frying pan and get the same results. We have demonstrated this for you at the farmer’s market. It’s a great way to do lots of toasts at the same time and keep an eye on them. Often you will find that your bruschetta is being eaten as they come out of the pan. Placing the bread in a toaster or under a grill is simply not as quick or convenient way when you are surrounded by expectant people.
Artichoke Pate Bruschetta
- Pasta Nostra USA artichoke pâté
- bread of your choice
- extra virgin olive oil
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large, dry frying pan over a medium to high heat. Have a pair of tongs handy. As the toasts brown, turn them over so they are browned on both sides.
- Transfer the hot toasts to a serving dish and immediately drizzle in olive oil.
- Spread some artichoke pâté over each one and top with prosciutto.
- Drizzle with more olive oil and serve immediately!