Tomato and blueberry rotini salad is a very pretty and refreshing salad for your summer table. The vinaigrette really makes this salad something special with a sweetness that perfectly compliments the saltiness of the feta cheese.
Ingredients – Serves 6 – 10
- 1 1/2 lb rotini pasta
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup mint, chiffonaded or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely diced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add the lemon juice, honey and shallots.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook to al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it in a colander and run under cold water until cool to stop cooking.
- Once pasta has drained, toss it in a big bowl with all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and incorporate thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until serving.