We found this recipe for sausage and tomato penne rigati salad in Italy. It has been created by Cucina Cantando. The combination of flavours and textures in this pasta salad is amazing.
There are a lot of dishes we feel are great to have in your fridge as a backup plan to keep hungry people nourished throughout the day, and this sausage and tomato penne rigati salad is one of them. Although, it won’t be there for long! Perhaps it’s for this reason the measurements have not been provided. So go ahead, make as much because nothing will be wasted.
The perfect pasta salad for anytime of the day.
Sausage and tomato penne rigate salad
- Fresh tomato, diced
- Fresh basil
- Fresh breadcrumbs
- SItalian sausage meat
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rigatoni rigate pasta or short pasta of your choice
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water until it is cooked to al-dente. Then cool it immediately under cold, running water.
- Chop the basil together with the breadcrumbs.
- Divide the sausage into small pieces then add to a frying pan with a little olive oil over a low to medium heat. Cook the sausage meat until lightly brown all over. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, check the seasoning and served drizzled with more olive oil.