Baked Brie with blueberry chutney
Baked Brie with blueberry chutney: The combination of sweet and salt with our baked Brie with blueberry chutney, is a combination of flavours that will have your guests not just coming back for more, but also asking for the recipe. Just as well that we wrote it up for you!
In fact, the technique of baking Brie (or Camembert), is a nice skill to acquire and it will come in handy more often than you can imagine, Especially for family gatherings, it’s a great emergency recipe!
Serve your Brie simply with some wine and a selection of foods to dip in it. Perfect for a night in for 2 or, with an increase of quantities, 200 and even then you may need more.
Ingredients for the blueberry chutney:
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped onions
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 3-inch sticks cinnamon
- 500 grams (16 ounce) round of Brie cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine all of the ingredients for the chutney and bring to a boil for one minute.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks, discard and refrigerate the chutney for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F /180C.
- Place the Brie on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in the centre of the oven for up to 15 minutes or until it swells slightly which indicates that it is melting inside.
- Serve topped with the cold blueberry chutney.