Olive oil cake with lime
Olive oil cake with lime is aromatic and tasty Italian-style delight for those in search of a simple recipe.
In Italy, cake is often served for breakfast and as a midmorning or midday snack. Soft and fragrant, this lime cake will release all of its citrus aroma around your kitchen. Be prepared to have this cake disappear very quickly!
Once you have tried this lime cake, you’ll be sure to keep this recipe handy at all times. Say goodbye to all your packaged snacks and make room for the Olive Oil and Lime Cake!
For an authentic Italian cake, use Tipo 00 flour, The alternative to this typically Italian flour is Swan Down.
Olive oil cake with lime – Serves 6 – 8
- 130 g Extra virgin olive oil, at room temperature
- 350 g Tipo 00 flour
- 4 Medium eggs, at room temperature
- 180 g Sugar
- 50 g Whole milk
- Zest of 2 lime
- 16 g Baking powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Prepare the flour by sifting it together with the baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the eggs, sugar and salt for up to 1 minute, until creamy.
- Whisk in the lime zest, then the olive oil. When the olive oil has been mixed well, whisk in the milk.
- Continue mixing and add the flour 1 tablespoon at a time. You will create an homogeneous and fluid paste.
- Grease a 9 – 10 inch cake tin with olive oil and dust it with little flour. Now pour and spread in the cake batter, giving it a light tap to disperse air bubbles. if it tends to darken too much, you can cover it with a sheet of parchment paper after the first 30 minutes of cooking. Once cooked, test with a toothpick and keep it in the oven for 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven. Let it cool, then turn it out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle the surface of your Olive Oil and Lime Cake with icing sugar before serving.
How to store your Olive Oil and Lime Cake
Store the orange cake under a glass bell jar for 2-3 days. Freezing is not recommended.