This easy to make coconut cake is a classic style Italian sponge cake. The type you will have served to you over a midday or afternoon coffee.
Simple, no fuss to make and containing only a few ingredients, this coconut cake recipe is a must have for you recipe collection. You never know when someone will stop by to say ‘ciao!’
This soft coconut cake is the ideal snack for your children because it is genuine, healthy and nutritious.
A quick and easy recipe to prepare with your little ones.
- 200 grams of coconut flour
- 50 grams of flour
- 180 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of butter, melted
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup of milk, at room temperature
- 10 grams of baking powder
- Icing sugar for decorating
Preparing – 22 cm diameter baking tin
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until the mixture is white and frothy.
- Bring together the coconut flour, flour and baking powder.
- Sift in the flour mixture a little at a time, stirring gently.
- Add the melted butter and milk then mix everything to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into a 22cm diameter baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 170C/340F for 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle the surface with icing sugar or ‘large’ granulated sugar.