How to make cranachan: Many years ago, we had a little cafe on Merritt Island in Florida, where we served breakfast, lunch and on special occasions, dinner. We made it available for breakfast, and it was one of our most popular dishes, Cranachan.
Cranachan is a very old, deliciously decant, traditional Scottish dessert served at special occasions like weddings and Christmas. At our cafe, Cranachan was so popular that we were asked to make a birthday cake out of it!
We absolutely love this dessert and know you will too because it is very easy to make.
Cranachan – Serves 4
- 2/3rd cup granola with dried raspberries
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 75 ml whisky
- 10 fl oz cream, lightly whipped
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- Honey for topping, optional
- Mix the cream cheese and whisky together in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the cream and the granola (reserve some of the oats for decoration).
- Fold in two thirds of the raspberries very carefully, cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes until you are ready to serve it.
- To serve, divide the some of remaining raspberries among the dessert glasses, reserving the rest for topping. Divide the Cranachan among the dessert glasses, top with the remaining granola and raspberries then drizzle with honey.