How to make pasta dough with white wine: There are a great many recipes for pasta dough and as experience them we will post them.
This recipe for pasta dough with white wine, substitutes the water for wine. Interestingly enough, Italians will always tell you that for every 100 grams of flour you use for pasta, you will need to add 1 egg. However, in this recipe only 2 egg yolks are used and this of course, will encourage the development of an elastic dough required for shaping and forming.
This particular pasta dough recipe is for homemade corzetti, but it can be used to make fettuccine and pappardelle. The addition of wine adds another flavour to the whole dish.
Pasta dough made using white wine – serves 2 – 4
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Tipo 00 flour
- 2 medium to large egg yolks
- 100 ml dry or sweet white wine (you could also use red wine or sparkling wines)
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl and put the egg yolks in the centre.
- Begin to mix the ingredients, gradually adding the wine.
- Knead the dough gently for up to 10 minutes. It will at times seem too dry, but be patient.
- If the dough is a little sticky, simply add more flour.
- If the dough is a little dry, spray gently with natural water and be patient.
- Once the pasta is obtained, cover and let it rest for up to 30 minutes.
This pasta dough made with white wine, will cook up very quickly. Be sure to check your cooking pasta after just 1 minute of being in lightly salted boiling water.