Almond, raisin and cherry granola: Once we had figured out that we could make our own granola, we did exactly that and haven’t looked back. The recipe for almond, raisin and cherry granola was born out of a wander around the supermarket where we were drawn to the dried fruit section and found a massive amount of choice. So, you can expect to see more granola recipes in the future.
Don’t just use your granola for breakfast, use it with yogurts as a cheesecake base.
Ingredients for almond, raisin and cherry granola: Serves up to 8
- 1 kg (4 cups) rolled oats
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) raw almonds
- 1 level teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 2 level teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) raisins
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) dried cherries (or any other dried fruit of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 325° F / 160 C.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients except the raisins and dried cherries.
- In a separate bowl, gently whisk the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine well.
- Spread the granola in an even layer onto a baking sheet.
- Once cooled completely, add the raisins and cherries, then serve or store in an airtight container.