This is a simple way to create a cheesecake-like dessert with the minimal amount of baking!
Lime jello cheesecake – serves 4 – 6
- 10 dark chocolate digestive biscuits
- 3 oz /75 g salted butter, melted
- 135 g lime jello
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 300 g cream cheese at room temperature
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F.
- Crush the biscuits and combine with the melted butter.
- Press evenly into the base of an 8 inch springform cake tin which is at least 2 inches deep.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Dissolve the jello in 100 mls of boiling water and set aside.
- Whisk the evaporated milk until it starts to thicken like whipping cream.
- Whisk in the cream cheese, the juice of the limes and the jello.
- Pour over the base and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate with the lime zest.