Spaghetti cacio e pepe: This is a traditional dish from the region of Lazio. The photograph is Spaghetti Cacio e pepe being served in a Parmesan basket, which is how it is served in many of the best restaurants. However, spaghetti cacio e pepe it’s just a good served directly onto a plate!
Ingredients For spaghetti cacio e pepe – serves 2 – 4
- ¾ lb spaghetti
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ oz grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti to al dente in lightly salted, boiling water.
- In a serving dish, add the cheese and pepper.
- When the pasta is “al dente”, drain and reserve 2 – 3 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Pour the spaghetti into the serving dish with the cheese, adding 2 – 3 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Toss all of the ingredients together.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.