Bacon wrapped chicken with sweetcorn: We had been back in America for just 24 hours and already been to the supermarket, planned our dinner of bacon wrapped chicken with sweetcorn and had worked out how to turn the oven on. What a relief, since Enzo was becoming increasingly concerned as to where his next meal was coming from.
This simple recipe for bacon wrapped chicken with corn takes an hour to cook but only a few minutes to prepare and is extremely versatile, freezable, a great all-rounder! We made enough for 2 to 3 meals and this is what we recommend you do if you have the time and the oven on. Make good use of all that energy since you can use your bacon wrapped chicken with sweetcorn for all sorts of dishes once you have got it cooked.
Serve chilled or warm with salad, roughly slice and add to your next pasta dish, slice and pack between bread for a really tasty sandwich, it’s up to you and only your imagination can hold you back!
Ingredients – serves 4 – 8
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 18 long slices of smoked bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 oz extra strong Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoons of sweet corn for each chicken thigh
- A good handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 175 C.
- Create the stuffing: Take 2 slices of the bacon and chop finely then mix with the cheese, onion, sweetcorn and parsley.
- Line the inside of each chicken thigh with the cheese and bacon stuffing.
- Roughly roll the thighs and wrap each one with 2 slices of bacon, don’t worry if the some of the stuffing falls out.
- Lay the thighs in a deep baking tray and sprinkle over any of the stuffing that you may have left over.
- Place in the centre of the oven and cook, uncovered for up to 1 hour or until the bacon is browned and crisping lightly around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for up to 10 minutes before serving. Alternatively, allow it to cool completely, store in an airtight container and refrigerate or freeze.