Yellow tomato and eggplant caponata lasagna salad: A lasagna doesn’t have to be hot out of the oven. As with so many other pasta dishes, you can also serve it chilled and this is exactly what we did to showcase our salad lasagna.
We have recently made you some caponata from the eggplant being harvested at The Farm. There are a number of dishes you can do and this is just one of our ‘out-of-the-box’ ideas. Keep in mind that pasta is served as an appetizer dish in Italy and that our caponata is very rich, so you may want to keep your portions of on lasagna salad on the small side.
In our opinion, our lasagna salad is a very cheerful way to perk up a summer lunch or dinner. Drizzle it with some of our olive oil from Vallecorsa, Italy and you will be serving this often!
Caponata and lasagna salad: Serves 4
- 3/4 cup (200 grams) Yellow Taxi Tomato and Eggplant Caponata, chilled
- 4 sheets of lasagna
- 8 slices yellow taxi tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the lasagne sheets to just past the al dente stage.
- Drain the lasagne sheets and allow them to cool until cool enough to handle. Then slice each lasagna sheet in half.
- Arrange a slice of tomato onto each serving dish and layer with a sheet of lasagne, some caponata, another sheet of lasagne, more caponata and finally a slice of tomato and sprig of parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.