Fresh fig and ricotta tart
Fresh fig and ricotta tart: This fig and ricotta tart was pure invention. When you have the same guests over a number of days there is an expectation to provide a wide variety of dishes throughout their stay.
I have learned to have a few essentials in the kitchen which include ready-made pastry. A trip into the garden, some ricotta and this dish was another winner!
Fresh fig and ricotta tart: serves 4
- 1 circular roll of ready-made puff pastry to line a 23cm baking dish
- 6 – 8 fresh figs, sliced into 0.25cm discs
- The juice and zest of 1 orange
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F / 220 C.
- Line the a lightly greased shallow baking dish with the puff pastry and dot small holes with a fork, all over the base.
- Toss the cut figs in the orange juice.
- Cover the pastry base with the ricotta then arrange the figs over the top.
- Sprinkle the orange zest over the top of the figs.
- Place in the center of the oven for up to 20 minutes or until the pastry rises and turns golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with vanilla gelato.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)