These stuffed sundried tomatoes are simply genius! The Italians are always coming up with something different to present at the table. This is possible due to the amount of time they spend gathering as a family around a meal.
We had these served to us at one such family lunch as an antipasto. We can only give you the ingredients that went into them and not the amounts. You will have to figure that out as will we.
- Sundried tomatoes, about 3 per serving
- Capers, crushed
- Anchovies in oil, chopped
- Grated pecorino cheese
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Fresh breadcrumbs
- Press open each of the sundried tomatoes and set aside.
- Take all the other ingredients and create a smooth stuffing.
- Stuff each sundried tomato and pin closed with a toothpick.
- Arrange all of the stuffed tomatoes on a shallow baking tray and place under a grill (broiler) for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve in the tray drizzled with some good quality extra virgin olive oil and a little extra grated pecorino.