Twice baked potatoes with Philadelphia cream cheese
Twice baked potatoes with Philadelphia cream cheese: This recipe was tested many years ago in my first restaurant It’s a recipes that requires great attention but the results will be worth it and be quite a treat!
You can use this recipe as finger food and if you have the patience, use very small potatoes. Then you can serve them hot or cold. The only trick is to keep your potatoes of equal size so that they all cook at the same time.
Ingredients for twice baked potatoes: Serves 6
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and poke holes in them 3 or 4 times with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- When potatoes are done cooking, allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and gently scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl (set skins aside).
- Add cream cheese, 1/2 the Parmesan cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix thoroughly then spoon mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each potato with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until browning.
NOTE: If you stuff the potato shells well, then you will loose at least 1 of the potatoes to the mash, leaving you with 6 halves.