Part time job in london retail go site Spicy tomato jam: Cooking for me is often a creative process so when I set out to make my spicy tomato jam, I really didn’t know exactly how I was going to achieve it until I browsed the cupboard shelves for inspiration. There it was in the shape of a block of guava jelly.The guava fruit is typically eaten like an apple although in other countries like Pakistan where it is the national winter fruit, it is eaten with a mix of spices known as a ‘masala’. Masala often contains cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, all of which I had available in the kitchen. I had also read that due to their high level of pectin, guava fruits are often used to make candies, jams and marmalade. Perfect for my spicy tomato jam!
binaire opties plus500 Makes up to 1 litre (2 pints)
- 1 kg fresh tomatoes
- 400 grams guava jelly
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 level tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 level tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne
- 8 tablespoons lime juice
- Prepare a bowl of boiled water, place the tomatoes in the water for a few minutes until the skins begin to split. Then remove the skins.
- Remove the core of each tomato and dice into pieces of equal size.
- Place the tomatoes with all the other ingredients, into a large pot.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a slow simmer and cook, stirring often (almost constantly to avoid it burning on the bottom), until the jam is reduced by half.
- Prepare sterilized jars and preserve the jam in the usual way.
donde conocer chavas df NOTE:
http://www.judithschlosser.ch/?ityrew=conti-demo-gratis-per-operazioni-binarie&949=57 To preserve in jars, this is how I do it:
- Place the lids in boiling water to sterilized.
- Place clean, dry jars in the oven on low, for up to 20 minutes.
- Remove the jam from the heat and while it is still hot, pour it into HOT jars.
- Lid immediately and turn the jars up-side-down and set aside for up to 20 minutes before turning them upright.
- Each lid should make the sound of a ‘POP’ as it creates a vacuum.
- After a few hours and when the jars are cool, press the centre of the lid. It should not move up and down.