enter 22e rencontres d'ici et d'ailleurs Strawberry French toast on a stick: Spiked strawberry French toast doesn’t mean that it’s laced with alcohol. No, we were just trying to find a way of presenting an old favourite. With your French toast on a stick, you will be amazed at how many will get eaten!
enter site Sometimes you just gotta get some fruit into the kids! Or how about fancying up a buffet breakfast. Now that we have made up a few spiked strawberry French toasts, we have a plethora of other ideas for breakfast toast on sticks. We will have to write it all down in our ‘things to remember that are so amazingly amazing that you never want to forget them’ idea’s book.
see These are good served either hot or cold.
Ingredients makes 8
- 10 slices of bread about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick
- 16 strawberries of roughly equal size, plus more for garnish
- Strawberry jam
- Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mls) French vanilla coffee creamer
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons (30 – 45 grams) butter
- Maple or pancake syrup
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a shallow bowl wide enough to take a whole slice of bread, using a fork, whisk together the eggs, coffee creamer and salt.
- Place each of the slice of bread into the egg mix pressing down and turning it over in order to saturate the bread as much as possible.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and melt a little butter in it.
- Cook each slice of soaked bread for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove the toasted breads to a cutting board and spread each piece of toast on one side with some cream cheese and strawberry jam.
- Cut each slice of bread into equally sized squares and thread onto skewers alternating with a half of strawberry. 5 squares of bread and 4 halves of strawberry per skewer.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and drizzle with syrup and serve!