This Italian style balsamic and herb marinade is the perfect solution for adding flavor to your meats, vegetables or fish. Especially if you are very busy and have little time in the week for preparing meals completely from scratch.
This marinade has a slight sweetness from the honey which adds a fabulous flavor dimension especially to pork, chicken, smoked meats or fish.
All you have to do is to combine all of the ingredients in a resealable freezer bag, add the meat, fish or vegetables. Carefully ensure that the marinade covers your added ingredient and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours or freeze flat for up to 3 months until you are ready to use. You can also freeze ahead in individual or smaller portions. When you are ready, simply defrost it overnight or for up to 8 hours, prior to cooking.
Italian style balsamic and herb marinade – for up to 32 oz of main ingredient
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, pulse the garlic with the rosemary, oregano, mustard and vinegar until the garlic has reduced to a purée. With the blender on low, gradually add the oil and blend until creamy.
- Check the seasoning.
- Place your main ingredient to half fill a resealable bag (using more than 1 if necessary so as not to overfill the bag). Add the marinade and ensure that it covers everything.
- Seal and refrigerate or freeze.