Cashew and ricotta cheese spread
Cashew and ricotta cheese spread is a very simple recipe with very simple ingredients. It comes together easily in a food processor or blender and is perfect for pasta, pizza, salads and more!
Cashew and ricotta cheese spread – serves 8 (2 tablespoons per serving)
- 1 ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 4-6 Tbsp water
- Extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or cilantro, for topping (optional)
- Soak cashews in very hot water for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or overnight (or 6 hours) in cool water. Then drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Add soaked, drained cashews to a food processor (or a high-speed blender) along with lemon juice, ricotta, garlic powder, sea salt, and lesser amount of water (4 Tbsp or 60 ml as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size). Mix/blend, scraping down sides as needed. Then add more water 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time until a thick paste forms.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt to taste, lemon juice for acidity, or garlic. Blend again to combine.
- The flavors continue to develop and thicken when chilled. Delicious on things like pizza, pasta, lasagna, salads and more.
- Best when fresh. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days or in the freezer up to 1 month (allow to defrost in the refrigerator before serving).
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)