How to make a simple cheese and potato pie
Oh my. Cheese and potato pie for New Years Day!
You know how it is when you open the fridge and try to salvage something out of all those leftovers? Well, here is a little star of a dish that takes about 40 minutes bring to the table. Best of all, it’s great served hot from the oven or chilled from the fridge! Another idea would be to serve it as part of a breakfast.
Once it was made, I left it out in the kitchen for everyone to help themselves. It wasn’t there for very long.
Cheese and potato pie – serves 2 – 3
- 1.5 lb mashed or pre-boiled potatoes, chilled
- 6oz cream cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 oz pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs,
- 3 green onions
- 1 ready made 9″ pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 395.
- Place the pie crust in a pie/quiche dish being sure to have enough to bring it around the sides.
- Mash together the potato with the cheese and onion. You could add any cheese you like, be sure to add robust and strong cheeses.
- Thoroughly mix in the eggs and add the green onions.
- Add the potato mix to the pastry case and spread it out evenly.
- Place in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until the top has browned.
- Allow it to rest a little before tucking in!