Pasta bow salad with cherry tomatoes, basil and asparagus
Pasta bow salad with cherry tomatoes, basil and asparagus: When it comes to summer meals, nothing beats a quick and easy, light and delicious pasta salad. With just 5 ingredients, our tomato, basil and asparagus pasta bow salad can be served as is or as a base over which you can add grilled fish, chicken or your favourite cheese.
It takes up to 10 minutes to cook the pasta, during which time you can prepare the other ingredients. This makes this a very quick meal or side. Very tasty!
Pasta bow salad with cherry tomatoes, basil and asparagus: Serves 4
- 16 ounces (450 grams) farfalle pasta (butterflies/bow ties)
- 1 lb (500 grams) asparagus, cut into 2 inch (5 cm) lengths
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon – about 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces (225 grams) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved and at room temperature
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging and during the last 2 minutes or so of cooking, add the asparagus.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus and rinse in cold water then leave to drain again.
- In a lidded jar, combine the lemon juice, zest, garlic, all the herbs, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil and give it all a good shake.
- In a large salad bowl, add the tomato halves, asparagus and pasta then pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for up to 1 hour before serving.