How to make Italian Etruscan chicken
Etruscan chicken: Tuscan cuisine evolved from Etruscan cuisine in which game meat is commonly used. This recipe would ask for rabbit However, it works perfectly well with chicken.
Etruscan chicken – serves 4 – 8
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces black olives, stone removed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Rosemary and sage, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or substitute almonds)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Prepare the chicken. Place the chicken thighs in a bowl of water with the vinegar.
- Saute the onions. Put 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and red onion in a large unheated frying pan. Place over medium heat and allow the onions to saute for 10 minutes.
- Brown the chicken. Drain the chicken and add it to the pan. when the chicken is browned on both sides, add salt and pepper to taste and the white wine. Cook slowly for about 20 minutes covered.
- Add the pine nuts and raisins. Add the pine nuts and raisins and stir. Cover again and allow to simmer together for 10 minutes more.
- Finish the dish. Before removing from heat, add the olives, sage and rosemary, all finely chopped. Let the dish sit for 20 minutes and serve.
(Visited 106 times, 1 visits today)