Mango and pineapple go really well together and the addition of butter instead of oil makes a great difference to the resulting flavor of our gluten free mango and pineapple muffins.
Gluten free mango and pineapple muffins: Makes 7-8 large muffin
- 60 grams (2 ounces) of potato starch
- 60 grams (2 ounces) of tapioca flour
- 80 grams (3 ounces) of rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 grams (3 teaspoons) of baking powder
- 2 grams (1/2 teaspoon) of xanthan gum
- 134 gr (5 ounces) sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 gr (4 ounces) butter, at room temperature
- 100 ml (0.4 cup) of milk or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) of pineapple, finely chopped
- 100 grams (3 1/2) of mango, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 185C / 370F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a measuring jug, gently mix all the wet ingredients with the with a fork for 30 seconds.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold to combine which will take about 2 minutes. If you mix the batter too much, you will notice that it will have the consistency of glue. If this happens your muffins will also have the consistency of glue. Therefore, carefully fold the batter to combine. Do not worry if the mixture is not homogeneous.
- Add a little ‘milk or flour if necessary. An extra 2 tablespoon of flour or milk will make no difference to the results.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven for 17-18 minutes. To check the cooking time, slide a toothpick into one of the muffins and if it comes out dry, the muffins are ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before serving.