Making gluten free sandwich bread requires no kneading because the dough is quite liquid.
As with many homemade, gluten free baked products, we recommend that you make this to eat on the day you make it. It does not store well and neither does it freeze well. If you have any tips on that, they will be much appreciated as we continue to experiment with our gluten free sandwich bread recipe.
Gluten free sandwich bread – makes 1 loaf
- 600 grams gluten free flour
- 4 grams xanthan gum (if it isn’t already in the flour)
- 25 grams dried yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 25 grams baking powder
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 140 mls vegetable oil
- 400 – 500 mls warm water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients and enough water to bring it to a sticky consistency.
- Pour into lined bread pan.
- Leave it in a warm area for up to 1 hour, until risen.
- Preheat oven at 400F/200C.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 – 45 minutes. If it looks like it is browning too quickly, top it loosely with a sheet of foil.
- Remove from the oven and brush with a little vegetable oil.