How to make easy egg fried rice
How to make easy egg fried rice: I have made my simple fried rice with egg often and with great success. I have even cooked it up for Glenn Beck, although I am not sure if he got the chance eat it 🙂 I have also cooked it up for a bunch of Italians during a Sunday buffet party and was surrounded by them asking for the recipe! Well, you can find it in Italian over at our Italian blog.
Egg fried rice is really easy to do and does not involve a lot of smoke in the kitchen. Many people are a little confused with egg fried rice in general. It literally means rice with fried egg and you don’t need to be trying to fry the egg with the rice and end up with something unappetizing. My way of cooking egg fried rice helps to retains a fresh flavor.
Egg fried rice – Serves 4
- 425 grams of cooked, 1 day old basmati rice (you could use freshly cooked but it is better to give it time to dry out a bit. Here’s our link to How to cook rice perfectly every time)
- 60 ml of dark soy sauce
- 15 ml of sesame oil
- 120 grams of frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat the sesame oil in a deep skillet or wok over a medium-high heat.
- Add rice and garlic and stir. Allow the rice to cook for 5 minutes until it becomes a little crispy.
- Remove from heat add the peas, onion and the soy sauce. Stir it all in over the heat for under a minute. Now put a lid on the pan, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the vegetable oil.
- Pour the egg swirl the pan to cover the bottom of the pan with a very thin omelette.
- In just under a minute the omelette should be cooked (not browned) on one side. Roll the omelette white it is still in the pan and cut into slices along the length.
- Remove the lid from the rice and mix everything again before you put it into a serving dish.
- Garnish with strips of omelette made earlier and serve! Now that wasn’t too difficult, was it.