How to make perfect lemon and yogurt muffins
How to make perfect lemon and yogurt muffins: Here at The Big Dream Factory, we have made muffins nearly every day for many years and can assure you that if you follow this recipe, you will be making perfect lemon and yogurt muffins …. every time!
If you have just finished off making a batch of our homemade tzakziki, you may have some yogurt left over. Just one of many yogurt recipes for using up the leftovers 🙂
Ingredients for 6 – 7 medium – large muffins
- 8.5 oz (240 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
- 6 ounces (180 grams) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup (60 – 75 ml) natural Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 medium to large lemon
Add more yogurt if necessary. The important thing here is to reach the right consistency. If your consistency seems a little too runny, simply add a bit more flour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 365 F / 185 C.
- Prepare your muffin tray. We use foil or baking parchment because you can shape it better and it will help avoid spills.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the DRY ingredients and stir it all with a large spoon to combine well.
- In a jug, measure the oil and then add the 2 eggs and gently mix with a fork. There is no need to whip it.
- Pour the eggs and oil into the flour mix and stir with the spoon. The consistency will be a little thick.
- Add the milk a little at a time until the batter has reached a thick, dollopy consistency.
- Pour the batter into a jug for easier handling and fill each of the muffin cups.
- Place in the center of the oven for 17 minutes (the time will depend on your oven).
- Run a skewer through a muffin and when it comes out dry, your muffins are ready.
- Allow then to cool and serve them warm.