Colorful Summer quiche
How to make a colorful Summer quiche: We make so many different quiche flavours, that we forget to write them all down for you. From now on we will try.
A quiche is always a surprise at the table. However, you really don’t see them very often and that is a shame because it’s a very practical way to empty the fridge or freezer of small scraps. Or in this case, use up the odds and ends of a bunch of colorful vegetables.
You can create any sort of quiche you like with a bunch of leftovers! Let’s hope that our summer quiche encourages you to have a go. We have made it even more easy with our recipe for food processor pastry.
Ingredients serves 4 – 6
- 1 cooked savoury pastry case, still in the baking tray
- 6-8 large eggs
- 6 fl oz (170 ml) whipping cream
- 12 ounces (350 grams) of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of grated Pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons of black olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 185C or 365F.
- Place the cooked pastry base onto a sturdy baking sheet.
- Mix all of the other ingredients into a mixing bowl whisk for about 1 minute. If needed you can add extra cream or eggs in order to ensure that the pastry case is full.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry case and cook in the centre of the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.